Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Break In



I'm breaking in (at the bequest of my parents) to write a little about China. It looks like they have taken stuff from my blog and pasted it in theirs already, so I'll keep this brief.

At least they couldn't snag the pictures. In fact, that has been a challenge for my parents. They are unable to post pictures on their blog. They have been left with the misfortune of entrusting the task to me (which is why there are not always pictures on my parents' blog entries. It is no one's fault but mine).

China is beautiful. I told this class so many times, they began finishing the sentence for me. Sure, it's got its problems. (My parents complained of more than a few.) But in general, the place and the people are delightful. It was an honor to visit. I hope to visit again soon.


What I'd like to mention is that my parents have had a great impact. But they also would be quick to add that they have been the beneficiaries. There is a spring in their step that wasn't there two years ago. There is a courage in my mother. There is a passion in my father. China has done wonders for them. I know it will be difficult for them to leave (though we will be happy to have them return.)

The thing is I'm proud of them. How many 66, then 67, now 68 year olds do this sort of thing? I told one class last week that when I grow up, I'd like to be just like them. Doubt I will. But it will be fun to try.

No comments: